The AIP-7 Kickoff Workshop will be held May 1st in Geneva, Europe (WMO building, 7bis avenue de la Paix). The main purposes of workshop are to form theAIP-7 Working Groups and to agree on plans and initial designs in each WG.
The Kickoff Workshop is one of two times that the Pilot participants will meet face-to-face during an AIP phase. All organizations responding to the GEO AIP-7 Call for Participation (CFP) should plan to attend the workshop. The AIP Development Process states the objectives of the Kickoff Workshop as:
- To begin the development portion of AIP-7
- To develop detailed plans for AIP-7 (component definition and scenario development)
- To develop specific collaboration and interoperability goals for AIP-7
- To develop the detailed design based on the GEOSS AIP Architecture
- To develop user scenarios suitable for directing development of Operational Exemplars.